You are not alone
24/7 Emergency /Crisis Services: 1-800-888-6161
Sexual Assault Services Hotline: 440-204-4359
The Nord Center’s Sexual Assault Services (SAS) is staffed by a compassionate, qualified team of professionals who provide a safe and caring environment to survivors of rape, incest, sexual abuse and sexual assault. Many clients are seen soon after the assault, while other may wait days, weeks or even years to call us. No matter when you call, we will work with you to begin the healing and recovery process.
Rape Crisis Services for Adolescents & Adults:
- 24/7 Emergency/Crisis Hotline 1.800.888.6161
- Crisis Intervention
- Medical Assessment and Treatment
- Emotional Support and Counseling
- Medical and Legal Assessment, Treatment and Evidence Collection
- Medical and Legal Advocacy and Support
- Referrals for Psychological Counseling
- Educational and Prevention Programs in the Community
Children’s Advocacy Center:
- Coordinated interviews with representatives from child protection services, law enforcement, mental health, child/family advocacy, and the medical field. This collaborative approach reduces the potential trauma to children by limiting the number of times they have to tell their story.
- Pediatric forensic medical evaluations where specialized sexual abuse exams are available in a child-friendly environment.
- Advocacy services that consist of crisis intervention, education on sexual abuse issues and supportive counseling.
- Prevention education in our schools from K to 12th grade. Prevention education is also available to parents, community groups and the general public.
Sexual Assault is never the victim’s fault
Sexual assault is when you are forced, threatened, or manipulated into sexual contact against your will. Rape, sexual abuse, incest, molestation and sexual harassment are all forms of sexual assault. Sex without consent is rape, whether the offender is a stranger or someone you know.
The Nord Center’s Sexual Assault Services are available to men, women and children survivors of sexual assault/abuse throughout Lorain County regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or other identifying factors. We also provide resources for friends and family of survivors. All services are free of charge and information shared is strictly confidential. SAS can be accessed by phone or in person, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All services are free and confidential.
SAS Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers enable SAS to provide essential services to survivors of sexual assault and abuse. Our volunteer opportunities include outreach advocate, hotline advocate, community outreach and staff support. Volunteers must attend an extensive 40-hour training program at The Nord Center, offered in spring and fall. No prior training or experience is needed – just a desire to help those in crisis. View our volunteer opportunities for more information.
“Stewards of Children” Sexual Assault Prevention Training
The Nord Center has partnered with the Lorain County Children and Families Council and Darkness to Light, a nationally acclaimed non-profit, to bring its award-winning “Stewards of Children” sexual abuse prevention program to Lorain County.
“Stewards of Children” is a prevention training program that teaches adults how to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for organizations that serve youth and for individuals concerned about the safety of children. It is the only nationally distributed, evidence-based program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child protective behaviors.
For more information, or to schedule “Stewards of Children” training for your organization, contact Becky Opel at email@example.com or 440.204.4188. To download a printable “Stewards of Children” flyer, click here.