Behavioral Health Urgent Care
The Nord Center’s Behavioral Health Urgent Care offers improved access to care by ensuring community members struggling with mental health needs are seen expeditiously in a location meant to immediately address the urgent behavioral health needs of any person.
Weekday, walk-in, urgent mental healthcare in Sheffield
As part of The Nord Center’s comprehensive, behavioral healthcare services, Adults, 18 years of age and up, can walk in at our 5425 Detroit Road location, Monday through Friday between 8:30AM and 3:30PM.
Prompt Mental Health Care
Our team of behavioral health professionals will provide a prompt assessment and help you to
address your immediate needs and to formulate a plan for what your next steps should be.
Please bring with you: your medication list, insurance card and identification
BHUC does not perform medical assessments, physical examinations, or diagnostic tests; however, referrals can be made to primary care services. Services do not include evaluations or documentation needed for legal matters.
Walk In When
• Your regular mental health provider can’t see you right away.
• You have concerns regarding your mental health medication.
• You are feeling anxious, depressed, agitated or concerned including more irritable or angry than
is usual for you.
• You are experiencing significant changes in sleeping or eating habits.
• You are seeing or hearing things; overusing substances; or thinking about suicide.
Read about our opening in the Chronicle Telegram
What is Behavioral Health Urgent Care?
- Aligned with the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) model, the Behavioral Health Urgent Care (BHUC) model addresses community gaps in care by creating an entry point for ongoing behavioral health services and provides an avenue for crisis management by triaging consumer needs by qualified behavioral health professionals.
- Aimed at reducing unnecessary hospital admissions and emergency room visits by diverting people to a more appropriate care setting, the BHUC provides the most appropriate level of care, at the most critical moment thus not only using resources efficiently but also improving consumer outcomes.
- On-site client triaging includes screening and risk assessment while simultaneously addressing other presiding needs that can be resolved with crisis management, care coordination and case management services in a client-centered manner.
- Using a multidisciplinary staffing approach including behavioral health clinicians, nurses and care coordination, the BHUC aims to address consumer needs in an integrated and coordinated fashion.