On-site Primary Healthcare Services
The Nord Center is working alongside the medical professionals from Lorain County Health & Dentistry (LCH&D) to offer primary health services at The Nord Center’s South Broadway location. The goal of this integration is to provide clients of both agencies the means to help improve their health and wellbeing. Lorain County Health & Dentistry services at The Nord Center are available to all persons ages 18 and older. You do not need to be a Nord Center client to receive primary health services at this location.
How to Access Primary Healthcare Services
You can make an appointment to see Lorain County Health & Dentistry medical professionals by calling 440‑240‑1655.
What is Whole Person Health?
LCH&D can work with you to:
- Manage symptoms of chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes
- Support you in quitting smoking or losing weight
- Have both you physical health and your mental health appointments in one convenient location
- Get medication on site at The Nord Center’s in-house pharmacy
The benefits of Whole Person Health are:
- Improved overall health
- Improved quality of life
- A potentially longer life
- Improved satisfaction with healthcare
What should I bring with me to my first appointment?
- State ID or Drivers’ License
- If you don’t have those, two other forms of ID:
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Formal piece of mail
- Medication bottles for both prescriptions and over the counter medications you take
What primary health services are available at The Nord Center?
- Adult physicals and wellness exams
- Adult Immunizations
- Sick Visits
- Women’s Health Services
- Management of chronic medical conditions (such as Diabetes, Hypertension, COPD)
Need a ride?
Call 440-240-1655 for an appointment or to schedule a ride to another LCH&D site.