- Call our Intake Line at (440) 204-4161 Monday – Friday between 8:30am – 5:00pm. All voice mails will be returned within approximately 24 hours to schedule routine requests for services. Emergency services are always available at (800) 888-6161.
“Who is eligible for services?”
• All residents of Lorain County
• Any Ohio resident with Medicaid
• Any individual with private health insurance
“How long will it take to get my first appointment?”
- The Nord Center strives to offer routine appointments within 14 days. Hospital discharge appointments will be made within 5 days.
“Do you offer walk-in appointments?”
- For adults who do not require the assistance of an interpreter, we offer a Same Day Access Clinic Tuesday through Friday. The agency opens at 8:00 am and we ask that you arrive before 9:00 am the day you would like to begin services. You will be seen on a first come, first served basis. The earlier you arrive, the more quickly you will be seen.
- If you arrive after 9 am, we will do our best to accommodate you, but cannot guarantee that you will be seen that day. You may be asked to return at a later date. The first assessment of the day begins at 9:00 am. You can expect the process to take up to 2 hours to complete, including intake and assessment.
“What should I bring with me?”
- Bring your insurance card if you have one, a photo ID, and verification of income. If the appointment is for a child or adolescent bring their birth certificate and any custody papers involved. Please allow 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours for your initial intake appointment.
“Must I have insurance to receive services?”
- There is a sliding fee scale based on household income for those without insurance. Addiction Services requires insurance.
To view The Nord Center’s non-discrimination policy, click here.
The Nord Center is part of the CliniSync Health Information Exchange