The Housing Service Program of Lorain County was created to assist persons and/or families who are experiencing a housing crisis. The Housing Services Program can assist eligible persons/ or families come out of homelessness and establish permanent housing or prevent eviction and remain stably housed through financial and supportive services.
The program is operated by The Nord Center in collaboration with Catholic Charites (Lorain).
The Housing Service Program of Lorain County provides these services free of charge. Financial assistance is available contingent on available funding.
For a printable flyer regarding the Housing Services Program, click here.
Certified Counselors will:
- Schedule a private appointment to discuss your circumstances
- Assess your financial situation and establish a monthly budget plan
- Determine what options are available to you
- Provide referrals and information about other available resources in the community
- Provide follow-up supportive services to ensure progress
For more information about the Housing Services Program, you can contact the following agencies:
- Catholic Charities 440.242.0056
- The Nord Center Housing Services 440.204-4385 or 440.204.4386