Providing hope and healing for those in need Funding for mental health services and substance abuse is ever more critical during these difficult economic times as the number of people who need help continues to escalate.
- 1 in 4 adults experience mental illness each year.
- About 9.2 million adults in the United States experience mental health and addiction disorders simultaneously.
- 70% of youth in the justice system have at least one mental health condition, and at least 20% live with severe mental illness.
- Adults living with mental illness die on average 25 years earlier than other Americans, largely due to treatable medical conditions.
Your gift to The Nord Center will help sustain and grow our programs and services, as well as immediately impact the lives of people we serve. It is our goal to help each and every one of our patients reach their full potential and become productive members of the community through quality, accessible, cost-effective behavioral healthcare. But we can’t do it without you. Your contribution, no matter the amount, will make a difference to someone in need. Thank you for making a tax-deductible gift to The Nord Center.
Donor Wall Recognition Program
There are 4 levels of memorial brick sponsorship:
- Gold Sponsor: $1000 donation
- Silver Sponsor: $750 donation
- Bronze Sponsor: $500 donation
- Copper Sponsor: $250 donation
To purchase a brick for our donor wall recognition program, print and complete the order form found here. You can send a check or money order (made payable to The Nord Center) to the address below. Or you can call 440.204.4185 and we can take your donation over the phone. As a non-profit organization, your donations are tax deductible. The Nord Center Attn: Betsey Kamm / Director of Institutional Advancement 6140 South Broadway Lorain, Oh 44053
Employer Matching Gifts
Gifts In Kind
- Twin-sized bed linens
- Regular-sized pillowcases
- Bathroom accessories (shower curtains; soap dishes, etc.)
- Household accessories
- Board games
- Magazines with labels removed
- Movie tickets
- McDonald’s Gift Cards
- Nail polish
Child & Adolescent Services is seeking the following donations for their anger management and DBT group activities.
- magazines with labels removed, child-appropriate
- art and craft supplies
- items addressing the 5 senses (sound, taste, sight, touch & smell) such as relaxation CD’s, hard candy, scented markers, no-wick scented candles
- empty soup cans, clean and unlabeled
- new or gently used toys for the waiting room
Sexual Assault Services is seeking the following donations:
- Durable, cleanable toys with no small or loose pieces (for waiting areas)
- Diapers (various sizes) and wipes
- Hats, gloves, scarves, mittens for men, women and children
- DVDs rated G and PG
- Coloring books, crayons and art supplies
- Office supplies (Pads, folders, pens, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies (Disinfecting sprays for air and surfaces, paper towels, etc.)
- Unopened sample-sized bath and body products
- Games, cards and puzzles for adults and adolescents
- Pre-packaged snack foods including juice boxes
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- New active wear and sweats: pull-on pants, sweatshirts and t shirts
- New children’s pajamas
- New stuffed animals
Emergency Stabilization Services is seeking the following donations:
- Magazines with the labels removed
Partial Hospitalization is seeking the following donations:
- Educational videos on Anger Management and Mental Health Illness
Questions? Contact Betsey Kamm, Director of Institutional Advancement: 440 204-4185 email@example.com