Housing Service Program of Lorain County
The Housing Service Program of Lorain County was created to prevent eviction, foreclosure or utility shut-off as well as help homeless persons establish permanent housing through financial and supportive services. The program is operated by The Nord Center in collaboration with Neighborhood House Association, Catholic Charities, Oberlin Community Services, and Family Promise of Lorain County.
The Housing Service Program of Lorain County provides foreclosure prevention services that are FREE and available to all homeowners in Lorain County.
Certified Counselors will:
- Schedule a private appointment to discuss your circumstances;
- Assess your financial situation and establish a monthly budget plan;
- Determine what options are available to you;
- Work with your lender to negotiate a workout plan or settlement to resolve the delinquency;
- Provide referrals and information about other available resources; and
- Provide follow-up supportive services to ensure progress.